The GFG mbH
has been operational since October 2009 and already is a market leader in the sales of historical Mercedes / Puch model Gs. Whether restored or unrestored, we will find a suitable G for you. The historic name (GFG) emphasizes the company’s ambitions. At the beginning of the history of the Mercedes / Puch G-class (1979-1981), the Geländefahrzeug Gesellschaft (GFG), a joint operation between Daimler-Benz AG and Steyer-Daimler-Puch, was responsible for the production. The historically significant letters find their rebirth in the „Gesellschaft für Geländewagen“ mbh (GFG), whose founders Daniel Wiesel and Jörg Sand are both especially attached to the G-model.
Between 2001 and 2007 Daniel Wiesel was sales manager at Mercedes-Benz Senger & Kraft and in 2006 he was one of the most successful AMG salesmen. From 2009 – 2010 Wiesel worked for the off-road accessory specialist ORC in Stuttgart. He participated in numerous rally events with the G-class.
Between 1990 and 1992 Jörg Sand successfully spent his apprentice years with AMG mbH in Affalterbach. After graduating from university in 2000 he has been working as a PR consultant. A journalist by trade he wrote two books on Mercedes / Puch G and is the editor of the international “G-Wagen Magazin“.
The label G-Raid was established by GFG in order to take up the successful international rally commitment of the G class.
In addition to reconstruction and modifications of rally vehicles on a G-class basis, G-Raid offers services and logistics to all G-class rally drivers. Apart from smaller regional events we plan to participate in the Dakar Rally and the Baja 1000 in Mexico.
GFG Presentation (ca. 7MB)
The fascination for the Mercedes-Benz off-road car has been steadily increasing since 1979; it is the only vehicle class with a steady market potential. GFG makes the “G“, which is often doomed to a “shadowy existence“ by many Mercedes partners, a key area of business and deals with everything that concerns the Mercedes G. Furthermore, GFG organises different races of the German Off Road Masters (GORM) on behalf of Sand-Medien.II. Launch in 2009
GFG was launched 30 years after the introduction of the model G. GFG also focuses on buying and sales, maintenance, and conditioning of classic G-models with an “H“-registration.III. Sales Department:
- Buying and sales of Mercedes-Benz (Puch) G-models
- Import and export of Mercedes-Benz (Puch) G-models
- Accessories and spare parts
- Expert assessments
- Code conversion of the exhaust emission class
- Financing and leasingIV. Workshop Department
- All repairs and maintenance work on the G-model
- Custom manufacturing of stainless steel tanks and stainless steel exhaust systems
- Retrofitting catalytic converters and particulate filters
- Installation of ethanol and auto gas systems
- Engine and transmission modifications
- Improvement of engine performance
- Chassis modifications and chassis adjustment
- Car body modifications
- Special-purpose vehicle construction V. G-Raid (Motorsport) Department
- Construction, sales, and renting of Mercedes G rally vehicles
- Rally service for Mercedes rally vehicles
- Sales of GRP and carbon parts
- Rally and trial modifications of G-class vehicles
- Test planning and support
- Rally consulting